There are only 2 days left before Kanakuk Kamps summer 2012 officially starts!! 2-days!!! We are getting ready and we know you are too! Here is our final to do list:
Kanakuk Kamps Final Kamp Start-up To Do List
- Wash buses
- Fill pools
- Fluff skit wigs
- Pray for safe travel for Kampers
- Take communion together
- Hang banners
- Test Ziplines
- Blow up balloons
- Get theme song from Smitty
- Gas up Joe White's Four Wheeler
Clean Camp Buses
K-1 Pool Ready to Go
We know you and your families are getting ready for the day your Kamper heads to Kamp, we we've got a list of the top 10 things for you too!
Have you been talking all spring about signing up for Kamp? Now’s your chance! We still have spots available and would love to have you/your child join us for a one-of-a-kind experience of fun and faith at Kanakuk.
Complete your health form
Parents, please fill out the health form online and make sure that we have an insurance card on file for each child attending Kamp. By doing this ahead of your Term, your child will be able to get to the fun stuff at Kamp right away!
- Complete your Online Activity Scheduling (for K-West and K-2 only) Are you heading to K-West or K-2? This year, you must register for your activities online before heading to Kamp! Is it a basketball specialty you want, or do you see yourself in the recess pod? Activities will be filled first come, first serve, so make sure you get to this right away and spread the word to your friends!
- Fill out your Kanakuk Cares questions and customize your child’s Kamp experience Parents, your child is about to have the best experience of his or her life, and there is one way you can make it even better. By answering these important questions about your Kamper, we are able to tailor the Kamp experience to fit the needs and desires of each individual child! We can’t wait to learn more about them!
- Schedule your transportation options Not exactly sure how your child is getting to Kamp? We’ve got quite a few transportation options to ensure that your child’s experience on the way to Kanakuk is the best possible. Register online for charter buses (which are a blast and staffed by Kanakuk staffers) from cities around the nation and airport shuttles to and from the Branson and Springfield airports.
- Get your gear There’s nothing more exciting as your child preps for Kamp than receiving a Kanakuk T-shirt or pair of shorts. You can find all the latest gear online and have it shipped directly to your house!
- Pack your trunk Once you’ve got all of the necessary Kanakuk gear, make sure you check the packing list for your Kamp to ensure that you have everything you need. Remember, no candy, food or gum! Head here if you still need to purchase a trunk for Kamp.
us on Facebook/Twitter/Pinterest
Leading up to (and following!) your time at Kamp we will be providing you with important details and updates of all things Kanakuk. Like us on Facebook , and Follow us on Twitter , and on Pinterest to stay in the know before and after Kamp!
Philippians 3:14 and get ready to RiseUp!
This summer’s theme is RiseUp! The theme verse is Philippians 3:14 - “I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.” This summer at Kanakuk we will encourage our staff, Kampers and their families to RiseUp! to hear the call of Jesus Christ in their lives and what He is calling us to be a part of!
Download Nasa Sete’s Kanakuk summer theme song “RiseUp! RiseUp!”
This is the perfect song to listen to throughout the summer to remind you daily to RiseUp! in your school, family and community! We can’t wait to see the way God moves this summer!
Finally, if you’re interested in finding your Kamp’s Welcome Guide, head to Kanakuk.com , click on the “Our Kamps” tab, find your Kamp and scroll down to find the red “Download Welcome Guide” button! This should house tons of great information about your Kamp!
So, Kanakuk Families, did we leave anything important off of the list? We’d love to hear from you about your prep for Kamp! Tweet at us using the hashtag #CountdownToKamp with your thoughts or comment on Facebook!
We can’t wait to see you!