As shouts of joy from the summer slowly drift away from our ears and the school year kicks in to full swing, we are certainly missing our Kamp family here in Branson and Lampe. Each summer is such an amazing experience, full of life-changing moments and tons of fun. At the end of the summer, we immediately begin counting down the days until the next (it’s 270 , in case you’re wondering!)
We’ve heard from quite a few Kamp families that they experience that same feeling each year. But, have no fear; a little bit of homesickness away from Kamp can be cured in countless ways. One of which is by the delicious smell of things like the famous Kanakuk Coffee Cake (link to) or other Kamp food. Whip up one of our recipes in the kitchen and it’ll be like coming “home”.
Whether you call this tasty dessert “Gucci Bars”, “Caramel Oatmeal Bars” or just plain amazing, it’s sure to please Kampers and parents alike.
Photo Courtesy of
2 c. oats
1 1/2 c. flour
1 1/2 c. brown sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 c. butter
10 oz. caramel
1 c. chocolate chips
1. Combine oats, flour, brown sugar, salt, baking soda and butter.
2. Press 2/3 of mixture onto the bottom a 9x13 pan.
3. Spread caramel over the mixture.
4. Sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
5. Add the remaining mixture on top of that.
6. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
7. Refrigerate until set (1-2 hours).
8. Enjoy with the whole family and a cold glass of milk.
Who has been craving a bit of Kamp food since their Term? Post a photo of you eating your favorite Kamp food made at home to our Facebook page (link) for a chance to be featured!
find more Kamp recipes here:
Now, we’ve got to run! Our Gucci Bars are ready!